Travel News Tuesday: What’s New?
Credit: Courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons
- Linsanity has been taken to the tourism level: Two Taiwanese travel agents are offering Knicks tickets as part of group tours to the U.S. less than a month after Lin became New York’s (and basketball’s) favorite new wiz kid. Several groups are already sold out. [CNN.com]
- A 28-year-old hotel clerk was arrested after surreptitiously videotaping a couple of honeymooners having sex in their hotel room in St. Paul, Minnesota. The employee was a registered sex offender, but we can’t explain why the couple decided St. Paul was the best choice for their post-nuptial vacation. [TwinCities.com]
- China will get its first One & Only resort in 2014. The 180-room hotel in Senya, Hainan, will be the eighth property for the luxury chain that already has outposts in the Bahamas and Los Cabos. [Gadling.com]
- The last 30% of the cabins on the second of the two Titanic Memorial Cruises are being sold at half price. The cruise leaves from New York on April 10 and will visit the site where the legendary ship sunk. [USAToday.com]
- Justin Bieber surprised girlfriend Selena Gomez on Valentine’s Day with a night at The London NYC. The singer booked the 2,500-square-feet, $2,000/night London Penthouse. Jealous! [HotelChatter.com]