Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with your loved one, but that can be hard to do in a crowded resort where dozens of other couples are trying to do the same thing. If you’re planning a special getaway for the holiday, however, there are still plenty of spots where you won’t need to worry about a lack of privacy. We’ve found nine romantic hotels that are not only super sexy but uber secluded, making it easy for quiet one-on-one time with your significant other.
Couples will realize just how wonderfully secluded this 96-suite getaway really is during the hour drive from the airport down a bumpy road. Upon arrival, guests are greeted by giant rooms with gorgeous terraces, a top-notch spa, and four high-quality restaurants, all of which are never packed with diners like those at some of the D.R.’s megaresorts. The on-site beach is private which helps to keep it quiet and calm, and couples can indulge in a vast variety of free activities such as yoga and snorkeling.
Read More »
Lobby at The Jade Hotel, New York City
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The boutique Jade Hotel may only be a few months old, but it has already has some pretty famous visitors. Last week, Cameron Diaz was spotted getting drinks at the bar and flirting with strangers.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Westin St. John is one of three Starwood properties that make up the first shift towards the brand reducing its carbon footprint worldwide. The new green initiative will include the installation of high-tech water savers that will reduce wasted water at the hotel by 50 percent.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Wyndham Hotel Group added Singapore to its destination list this week with the opening of a Days Inn and a Ramada.
4. FACT OF FAKEOUT? The general manager of the Lancaster London, along with numerous other volunteers, scaled up the side of the hotel in order to raise money for Kickstart Programme.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Room service is pricey no matter where you go, but in a recent study, TripAdvisor found that Denver and Dallas offer the best value as far as room service. Not surprisingly, New York City and Honolulu offered the worst.
Check out the answers after the jump!
Read More »
The world has been abuzz since Apple introduced the new Apple Maps — and the chatter has not been positive. As we’re sure you’ve heard, this map app won’t be too helpful if you need, well, an accurate map. Instead, flubs such as roundabout directions, museums pinned in the middle of the ocean, and a whole list of destinations that can’t be found add up to making Apple Maps a real flop. But hey – it certainly can be entertaining (that is, if you’re not in a rush to actually arrive at a certain location). We had some fun finding just where Apple Maps would send you if you were trying to get to some of our favorite hotels. Enjoy!
The Hotel: Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
Heading to the luxurious Casa de Campo on the coast of La Romana? Apple Maps will only get you as far as the La Romana airport, so that 10+ mile drive to the resort is up to you to figure out!
Look at what you’re missing!
The Beach at Casa de Campo
See more gorgeous photos (and an accurate map) of Casa de Campo here.
Read More »
Summer’s in full swing — can’t you just hear the beach calling your name? But while some of us are happy with just a patch of sand and a salty sea breeze, others hit the beach with a little something specific in mind. Maybe you want to go surfing, indulge in some late-night partying, or take full advantage of a clothing-optional zone. So no matter the kind of beach scene you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered. Check out our list to find the beach that suites your style this summer. Get ready to hit the sand!
If You’re Looking For: A Crazy Party
Hit This Beach: Medano Beach; Cabo San Lucas
Medano Beach at the Cabo Villas Beach Resort and Spa
Why Partiers Love It: It’s Cabo, baby! The infamous line associated with the town of Cabo San Lucas reflects its hard-partying atmosphere which makes it a popular choice among college-aged spring breakers. But Medano Beach has something for revelers of all ages — as long as you’re down to get in on the fun, of course. The soft, sandy beach is lined by bars — everything from inexpensive dives to upscale cocktail lounges. And no shirt, no problem!
Where to Stay: Almost all 142 units of the Cabo Villas are romantic, airy and bright — with modern décor, stylish fixtures, and spacious balconies with stunning views. The ocean-side location is convenient for party people — Medano Beach’s shores may be teeming with vendors and tourists, yet guests can find a bit of a reprieve (if they choose) at the hotel’s beach bar and sushi joint, Baja Cantina.
Read More »