Victoria Harbour is one of Hong Kong's most scenic spots
When foreigners picture Hong Kong, it’s often the neon lights, staggering skyscrapers, and hoards of people. This all may be true, but this city is home to just as much old as new; historic temples cozy up to massive modern buildings, and while the super-efficient subway rambles down below, quaint-looking trams above take locals and tourists on more scenic rides. Explore the best Hong Kong has to offer, as we take a look at some of the city’s must-see sights!
Legado Mitico is a charming, 11-room boutique in bustling Buenos AIres.
Finding a quiet boutique in a big city might seem like a challenge, but in reality, some of our most intimate stays are tucked into the corners of the world’s largest metropolises. Offering personalized service and charming details, these petite hotels – most have less than 20 rooms – are some of our favorites. So if mega-metropolises such as Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, and Los Angeles might intimidate you, fear not. You can always retreat to these intimate boutiques for some quiet time amidst the bustle of the big city.
Wet Republic Pool at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino; Las Vegas, NV
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Renting a poolside at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on a weekend can cost almost four times as much as the nightly rate of a Petite King Room, which — at 350 square feet — is the smallest in the resort.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong has just opened its own private terminal in the city’s airport, featuring two lounges and one-stop immigration, customs and baggage screening services all in one space.
3. FACT OF FAKEOUT? The Morgans Group, owner of the Delano Hotel in South Beach, has announced the property will be closing on April 30th due to a conflict with the hotel’s largest stakeholder.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The W Los Angeles Westwood features a fashion truck that will be visiting the property the second Friday of every month, now through August 9th.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Omni Hotels is adding a new top-notch service to its list — it has just hired The Biggest Loser’s nutritionist to help create a healthier, more balanced restaurant and room service menu.
Check out the answers after the jump!
Read More »
A collection of islands, Hong Kong attracts tourists with its many things to do; from shopping to eating to visiting museums and historic sights, visitors are always busy. We’ve found just the spot to stay for almost every kind of traveler, so whether you plan on bringing the kids along or want to take a bite out of the best Asian cuisine, Oyster has a hotel for you. We brought them to you all week on Captivate elevator screens, so see the full roundup below!
Man Wah at the Mandarin Oriental
With not one, not two, but three Michelin-starred restaurants on-site, the Mandarin Oriental is the ideal spot for foodies. Guests can also munch on tasty bites at the hotel’s bakery and popular lounge.
Read More »
The Marriott Wailea Resort is a romantic honeymoon locale on Maui.
Honeymoons must be two things: romantic and memorable. Any old trip to the beach is just not going to suffice for a couple’s post-nuptial getaway. But thankfully, there are plenty of unique and luxurious properties out there for newlyweds. Remote jungle hideaways, cozy mountain lodges, luxe European grand dames, and gorgeous beachfront properties are waiting with a bottle of champagne at the ready to toast your “I dos.” These romantic hotels around the world are perfect honeymoon locales; go ahead and swoon over them in this slideshow.
One Bal Harbour Resort bathrooms have some of the best views in the Miami.
Some people prefer to read a magazine in the restroom, but we’d much rather gaze out over a stunning view. There’s nothing we love more than exotic sights, no matter where we’re taking in the view — the shower, tub, or elsewhere. From Hong Kong to Miami, Boston to Barcelona, here are our favorite hotel views from the best seat in the house.
Sometimes our hotels just get us. They know how we like the sheets, take our coffee, and want to wake up to a newspaper at our door. But with so many hotels across the globe to choose from, it can be hard to find just the right one. Luckily we’ve got everyone covered, from financiers to fashionistas. Here are our choices for the best hotels for every (well, almost) profession.
The view from ONE UN New York would excite any government worker.
A top choice among UN diplomats, the ONE UN New York sits right across the street from the UN headquarters in New York City. The hotel boasts an indoor Har-Tru tennis court (after all, politicians love their back and forth), tasty (and schmooze-worthy) breakfast at Ambassador Grill, and the private Skyline Club, with stunning city views, snacks, and cocktails. But really, with a location steps away from the world’s most powerful decision-makers, politicians can’t really ask for more. Read More »
San Francisco's Chinatown stands ready to celebrate the Spring Festival.
In just a week, Chinese New Year kicks off! And we want to give you plenty of notice so you can start planning how — and where — you’ll celebrate. Also known as the Spring Festival, this holiday consists of two weeks of feasting, lion dances, lantern lighting, and much more. After all, it is the most important holiday in the Chinese lunar calendar, so festivities necessitate indulgence. Millions of people around the world will celebrate with gorgeous decorations, rich foods, and stunning firework displays — and we here at Oyster can’t wait to get in on the action at some of our favorite Chinatowns around the globe. We’ve got you covered on where to ring in the Year of the Snake, but no matter where you choose to kick things off, Oyster wishes you a prosperous new year or, as they say in Mandarin, Gong Xi Fa Cai! Read More »
Lobby at The St. Regis Deer Valley; Park City, UT
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Designer Jason Wu has created an exclusive handbag for The St. Regis Deer Valley, which can be purchased online along with dozens of other gifts given the property’s stamp of approval.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Island Shangri-La in Hong Kong offers its guests free use of USB modems during their trip, so that they can get on-the-go Internet access even outside the hotel.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Lindsay Lohan and her mom were turned down by several L.A. hotels before being allowed to book a room at The Beverly Hills Hotel.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Sweet Surrender candy store at the Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas is now selling a $750 cupcake.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Affinia Manhattan will host the 3,200 dogs taking part in the 137th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
Check out the answers after the jump!
Read More »
The Oriental Suite at the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, China
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? When the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong first opened in 1963, it was the tallest building on the island.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Greta Garbo Suite, unveiled recently at the Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm on the occasion of the hotel’s 100th anniversary, displays memorabilia from the Greta Garbo Museum in Hogsby.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills offers in-room iPads with an app that allows guests to order a bottle of champagne to their room with just one click.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Hotel Indigo London – Paddington is now offering a package that includes free breakfast and a cocktail prepared using regionally-sourced ingredients.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The US Grant — a Luxury Collection Hotel recently offered suites for just $1.02 in celebration of its 102th birthday.
Check out the answers after the jump! Read More »