The Beach Palace; Hotel Zone, Cancun, Mexico
1. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Snooki and J-Woww (of Jersey Shore fame) have chosen the Beach Palace in Cancun for some days of R&R while shooting their new reality show “Snooki and J-Woww vs. The World.”
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Rutherford’s Auberge Du Soleil has opened a pop-up shop selling several varieties of Girl Scout cookies until late June.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Actor Jonah Hill has gone to bed in his hotel room wearing boxers and T-shirt, and woken up in a dress shirt, socks, shoes, tie… and no pants or underwear — on several occasions.
4. FACT OF FAKEOUT: Lufthansa has partnered with Mandarin Oriental New York chef Toni Robertson to helm up the Economy Class menu on flights out of the U.S. to Germany during the months of March and April.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Room service at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas now offers sexy items from the resort’s erotic Love Jones boutique.
Read More »
You may have gotten over themed spots after your tenth birthday party (um, hello, Princess Tea Party Fest), but they’re actually great for some old-fashioned adult fun, too. Hotels across the world have fabulously themed bars that run the gamut from classy to trashy. So we’ve shuffled through the clutter to find the top 10 hotel bars that, despite (or because) of being themed, are super cool. Check out one of our favorites, Stables Bar in London below, and the rest of the cool, kitschy bars here.
Stables Bar at The Milestone Hotel; London, England
Vegas, baby, yeah! (Can you hear the Austin Powers accent?) At this point, the city of sin is pretty much synonymous with any night-time activity — gambling, dancing, drinking, grubbin — so its no wonder that Las Vegas hotels have stepped up their game when it comes to their room service menus. We applaud the hotels who already offer 24/7 service — personally, we think it’s essential everywhere — but for those who don’t, well, those hotels should probably take a peek at what our favorite properties are currently turning out.
Most Extensive Menu: Encore at the Wynn
The European Pool at the Encore at the Wynn; Las Vegas, NV
When you’re not gambling at the unique poolside casino or partying at hotspot Surrender, you’re probably resting it off in your 700+ square foot room on your cozy bed. (Really!) Open up a drawer to find a nearly overwhelming 40-page menu that starts with — what else — morning cocktails. In addition to traditional American fare, the Encore offers up hot wings, made-to-order sushi and party snacks should you decide to entertain in your suite.
Oyster.com Order: Angus Beef Sliders (Make it a double, please.)
Read More »
Located in Chicago’s River North, The Trump International Hotel and Tower’s Rebar features innovative cocktails and wonderful views of the Chicago River. The menu includes interesting spins on some old classics as well as unique seasonal cocktails
Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
Drink #1: The Punch Bowl
The Punch Bowl, Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
The Punch Bowl is a fruity, summer cocktail served with a spiffy straw with a spoon on the bottom to help guests scoop out bits of apple, orange, and strawberries. It’s a great selection, for those who like fruity.
Read More »