1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Hotel Healdsburg’s Afternoon Tea encourages kids to take part in the service by offering white gloves and fans for girls, and top hats and fake mustaches for boys.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The St. Regis Hotel in Vancouver is celebrating its centennial with $10 rooms for bookings between December and April.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Four Seasons Boston’s “Raid the Fridge!” package invites guests to take anything (and everything) they want from the hotel kitchen’s fridge every Saturday evening.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? During Ink48′s second annual Santa Paws event — at which pets can sit on Santa’s lap for photo ops — guests can enter a drawing for a free night stay..
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The RIU Palace Macao in Punta Cana will be turned into a women-only hotel in 2013. More RIU properties will follow.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The Afternoon Tea is served every Saturday from 2 to 4 p.m. until Christmas in the hotel’s lounge and includes six varieties of custom-blended teas, along with kid-friendly items such as hot chocolate.
2. FAKEOUT! The hotel is offering 1,000 rooms for $100, not $10 a night. Note that this hotel is unaffiliated with the famous luxury brand, but it is still a pretty good deal for a cute and modern hotel in Downtown Vancouver.
3. FAKEOUT! While parents are invited to the party, the package actually has kids in mind, and they can only take one item from a selection of options to enjoy in their room. That doesn’t sound quite like raiding the fridge to us!
4. FACT! Santa Paws will be held at Ink48 on December 8 between 2 and 4 p.m. in the lobby. Guests will be offered drinks and cookies, and pets will be given water bowls and homemade treats.
5. FAKEOUT! RIU just announced it will be adding women-only floors to some of its RIU Plaza hotels, but no RIU property is going to be for female guests only. Designated floors will feature in-room yoga kits and beauty products.