1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? British Airways recently announced the “Big British Invite” promotion, which offers a free two-night stay at the ultra-luxe Baglioni Hotel London with the purchase of a round-trip ticket between the US and the UK.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Oprah Winfrey has bought a four-room, six-and-a-half-bath condo at the Montage Beverly Hills for $14 million. This will be her ninth residence, and her second home in California.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas will have to pay a $1 million fine as the result of employees accepting payments to supply prostitutes, cocaine and pain killers to undercover agents.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Faktum Hotels is a non-profit website that allows people to book a hotel room for the homeless living in Gothenburg, Sweden.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The W New York’s Detox for Retox package helps guests follow a juice cleanse program with a selection of juices and raw-food items delivered to their room.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! British Airways does offer two nights of free accommodations, but the selection of hotels includes mid-range properties only. Hey, we’ll still take it! Tickets must be purchased before the end of March for travel before May 31, 2013.
2. FAKEOUT! The purchase has not been confirmed, and the characteristics of the condo are unknown. What we do know is that all condo units at the Montage offer access to the hotel’s fitness facilities, pool and concierge services — and have at least three parking spaces each.
3. FACT! Whoops! The events took place several times at the casino’s nightclubs last year, which were then only partially owned by the Palms.
4. FAKEOUT! The website, launched by a Swedish advertising agency in support of the efforts made by Gothenburg’s street newspaper Faktum to help the homeless, takes donations for the socially vulnerable, but does not book hotel rooms for them. It’s a worthy cause, so donate here!
5. FACT! All W Hotels in New York offer this package, which includes a two-night stay in a Spectacular Room, late checkout, and a customized Detox & Cooler Cleanse Juice for a Day six-pack. The package is available through February 28, 2013 and starts at $289.