1. FACT OR FAKEOUT: Las Vegas’s MGM Grand Hotel & Casino has 10,000 more guest rooms than the largest hotels in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C. combined.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT: To bolster their kids’ club activities, the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel added “Run from the Paparazzi” as one of its weekly fun races.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The Waldorf Astoria, one of New York’s most luxurious hotels, has a policy of charging the original room rate for returning guests who are celebrating a special event in their lives, such as an anniversary or birthday.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The sleep concierge at The Benjamin in New York City tucks you in at night and sings lullabies on request.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT: The W Los Angeles Westwood has launched a pet-friendly menu at The Backyard Restaurant. You and Fido can now order the same menu items.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! While the MGM Grand has 5,044 rooms under the same roof, the Hilton New York (2,086), Los Angeles’s The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites (1,354) and the Washington Marriott Wardman Park in D.C. (1,175) “only” have 4,615 rooms total, which means the MGM only has a mere 429 more.
2. FACT! “Run from the Paparazzi” is a jogging tour designed for kids 5 and up, but parents can join the fun too.
3. FACT! A couple who spent their wedding night at The Waldorf Astoria in 1952 recently paid $16.80 per night on a return trip to New York.
4. FAKEOUT! The sleep concierge emails you in advance for your pillow preferences, but doesn’t actually sing you to sleep.
5. FACT! The new pup menu at the W Los Angeles Westwood includes items such as Milo’s Chopped Veggie & Chicken Salad, and frozen yogurt with mashed banana and peanut butter.