1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Knave at Le Parker Meridien has been shut down since liquid concrete from the construction site next door flooded the café last week.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A couple dozen Jedis stormed the Renaissance Austin Hotel to protest the hotel’s rejection of a plan to hold a Star Wars exhibit.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The corporation owned by Ernest Hemingway’s family just announced it will build luxury hotels and resorts around the world in the next few years.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino just opened the largest candy store in the world.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte is offering a series of daycamps in which teens 15 to 18 will learn the basics of baking.
1. FACT! No one was injured and the hotel said the damage was contained in the café, but witnesses said there was a foot of liquid concrete filling up the space.
2. FAKEOUT! The Renaissance Austin Hotel was stage for a Jedi flashmob (light saber battle included), not a protest.
3. FACT! Hemingway Ltd.’s properties will be based on the life of the prolific writer and run by Trust Hospitality. The architecture will “often reference the places where Hemingway lived and wrote”, and the bars will serve as “the ultimate gathering places to enjoy Hemingway’s favorite libations”.
4. FAKEOUT! IT’SUGAR is the largest candy store in Vegas, not in the world. But that’s still pretty impressive anyway!
5. FACT! For $550, a chef will teach your teens 15 to 18 how to make pies, cupcakes, pizza, cookies and ice cream in five consecutive days. The price does not include the overnight stay.