1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Amsterdam’s Lloyd Hotel and Cultural Embassy once operated as a Nazi-run jail during the German occupation.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? American travelers admit that the hotel items they are most likely to steal are pieces of furniture like lamps and artwork. (Ed. note: Not including toiletries because, come on.)
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Playboy hotelier Vikram Chatwal had his rehab-bound friend Lindsey Lohan escorted out of the Dream Downtown after the two were seen fighting at Cherry restaurant.
5. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Kimpton hotels — including properties like Hotel Manoco and Hotel Rogue — are getting physical with their new fitness-inspired room service, where guests can have their in-room yoga mats rolled out for them at no additional charge.
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FACT! The historic hotel jailed members of the Nazi Resistance before becoming immigrant housing quarters and then an art studio.
2. FAKEOUT! Americans admit to stealing linens and towels more than any other room item. Chinese hotel guests, however, admit to taking home the furniture more than anything else in the room.
3. FACT! There are 30 properties nationwide, including theaters and restaurants, testing the digital lost-and-found site Chargerback.com.
4. FAKEOUT! Chatwal was the one escorted out of his own hotel after getting into an altercation with several “banker-looking types” at Cherry.
5. FACT! Better than turn-down service, Kimpton’s “roll-out service” also includes free flavored water, fresh fruit and nuts, and an on-demand yoga channel.