1. FACT OR FAKEOUT? Oprah Winfrey recently announced plans to purchase seven villas at The Resort at Fisher Island Club.
2. FACT OR FAKEOUT? A guest once asked a butler at the Grand Velas Riviera Maya how to purchase an elephant for an upcoming wedding.
3. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino has canceled the much-anticipated Michael Jackson ONE show due to delays in construction of the main stage. Instead, the hotel is showcasing a few of the late artist’s personal items.
4. FACT OR FAKEOUT? The Roosevelt New Orleans has received the prestigious Chairman’s Award for its “extraordinary contribution to the development of downtown New Orleans.”
Check out the answers after the jump!
1. FAKEOUT! Oprah once owned a villa on the island, but she has not announced any plans for extending her real estate.
2. FACT! The guest was planning a last-minute wedding at the resort, and gave him less than 24 hours notice.
3. FAKEOUT! The Michael Jackson ONE show is still happening (premiers on June 29), but the hotel is also displaying some of Jackson’s memorabilia, on loan from the artist’s estate.
4. FACT! The hotel brought back the iconic building’s elegant look with a top-to-bottom refurbishment.
5. FAKEOUT! The Marble Lane will not be closing, and Guy Fieri has only announced new projects in Las Vegas.