Want to dine, indulge, and bask in Giada’s favorite hotel restaurants? You got it.
We found out where Giada’s favorite hotel restaurants are in various cities across the USA, and now we’re salivating. Here are the best dishes from this star’s go-to hot spots.
Bonus: read on for a secret recipe from a top chef in one of Las Vegas’s best restaurants.
Restaurant: The Bazaar at SLS Hotel, Los Angeles
Giada’s take: “Jose Andres who has restaurants in Washington, D.C. Great traditional and modern Spanish tapas.”
- Mediterranean Mussels olive oil, vinegar, pimentón
- King Crab raspberries, raspberry vinegar
- Delta Farm Green Asparagus labneh, macadamia nuts
- Sautéed wild mushrooms, hazelnut praline
- Sautéed shrimp garlic, guindilla pepper
- Seared scallops, romesco sauce
- Seared Mary’s Farm chicken honey dates, mustard caviar, mustard greens
- Baby beets salad, citrus, pistachio, olive oil goat cheese
Restaurant: The Blue Door at the Delano, Miami
Giada’s take: “The Delano Hotel is one of the grooviest and hippest hotels in South Beach. Have a mojito!”
- Ceviche of the day — red onions, cilantro, jalapeño, smoked salmon mousse
- Salmon Carpaccio, tapioca caviar, lemon, chives, olive oil
- Caramelized octopus garlic, shallots, Dijon mustard, black olive potato salad
- Chicken, simply roasted with herbs
- Red snapper, grilled, Antiboise sauce of tomato, black olives, capers, anchovy & basil, baby bok choy with garlic chips
- Thon Thon — seared yellowfin tuna, marinated daikon, soy-lime-ginger dressing
Restaurant: Bartolotta at The Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas
Giada’s take: “Fantastic place to stay.”
- Cappesante Dorate Con Porcini — seared sea scallops, porcini mushrooms, Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Gamberi E Cannellini — poached shrimp, cannellini beans, pomini tomato, basil
- Insalata di carciofi, porcini, ruchetta e pecorino sardo –sautéed artichokes and porcini mushrooms, wilted arugula, Sardinian pecorino
- Brodetto di pesce all’Abruzzese — Abruzzi-style seafood stew, scorpion fish, sea robin, clams, shrimp, scallops, cuttlefish
- Pollo alla Rivier a Ligure — Ligurian-style roast chicken, artichokes, asparagus, porcini, olives, lemon herb sauce
Recipe: Guazzetto di cozze e cannellini (Tuscan mussel soup with white beans)
by Paul Bartolotta
- 48 mussels, washed
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 4 tomatoes, blanched, seeded and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 croutons, peasant bread
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, boiled
- (Reserve 1/2 cup liquid)
- Cut 4 square bread croutons approximately 1 inch by 1 inch and toast lightly in the oven until golden brown. Rub with peeled garlic, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with a pinch of salt; set aside.
- In a sauce pot, gently saute the minced garlic and bay leaves in extra-virgin olive oil and the optional butter; do not brown.
- Add washed mussels, white wine and red pepper flakes, then cover and steam open the mussels. Remove from heat and remove the mussels from the sauce pot.
- As you remove the mussels from the shells, reduce the mussel broth and acidity of the wine, adding the liquid left from boiling the cannellini beans.
- Add the beans, diced tomato and chopped parsley.
- Adjust salt to taste. Add the cleaned mussels and serve in hot soup bowls on top of the bread croutons. Serve immediately.
Restaurant: Salon de Ning at the Peninsula Hotel, New York
Giada’s Take: “Spectacular view of the city.”
- Tuna sashimi, green papaya slaw — with Wasabi and Pickled Ginger
- Charred mango salsa — with Organic Blue Corn Chips
- Hummus and mixed olives — with Rustic Bread Crisps
- Chilled Shrimp — with Cocktail Sauce and Thai Curry Aioli
- Smoked salmon tartare — with Sesame, Capers, Scallions and Crisp Plaintain Chips
Restaurant: King Cole Bar at the St. Regis, New York
Giada’s take: ”Vibrant, classy.”
- Oyster and clams — pacific or domestic oysters, littleneck clams, mignonette
- Chicken kebab — minced chicken with spice on sugar cane, tamarind mint sauce