Robertson Boulevard in Los Angeles is only a 5-minute walk from end to end, and yet it has become almost as famous as the celebrities who shop there. If you see paparazzi outside, it’s a good sign that someone recognizable is inside (though the paparazzi do camp out at the Ivy, one of the most famous restaurants in L.A.). Located on the border of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, it’s both upscale and edgy — a side of L.A. you won’t find elsewhere — and its boutiques cater to the youthful, fashionable, and daring. Bargains can be found, however! You just need to know where to look.
- The best bargains: Famous Maxfield’s, which sets fashion trends like no other store in the city, also has a discount outlet, Maxfield Blue. There’s also an Industry MAC store, a Chanel boutique, and a gorgeous Georgio Armani Home store. Kitson began here, so be sure to visit their flagship store, as well as their neighbor, the Kitson Outlet.
- The perfect dress: Visit Alice + Olivia or Lisa Kline.
- The trendiest jeans: True Religion has a boutique here, as does AG and Paige.
- New shoes: Madison has something for everyone, including the greatest shoes you’ll find.
- Gorgeous bags: Visit Anya Hindmarch.
- For Men: Men will find Ted Baker a great way to spend time, and maybe find something to purchase for themselves.
- After splurging: Have a late afternoon beverage at Chaya Brasserie or the Ivy’s patio, and watch the parade stroll past.
- Where to stay: All these shops are within walking distance of the Sofitel hotel (just around the corner!)
- Lesley Bracker